Slow Cooker Meatballs + pasta sauce. In a slow cooker, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree. Place the meatballs into the sauce mixture. I love making homemade pasta sauce, and using the slow cooker or the Instant Pot for pasta sauce turns it into something that doesn't need to be watched.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Meatballs + pasta sauce
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken, or pork – or you can mix beef+pork for extra flavor).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 3 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of minced onions.
- You need 2 (28 oz) of jar of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of Adobo.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
Any meatball recipe will do, but my favorite, and the one I've included here, is our go-to meatball recipe on The Kitchn. These meatballs are tender and well-seasoned throughout. If you have another favorite meatball recipe. Add the smashed garlic, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, and sugar.
Slow Cooker Meatballs + pasta sauce step by step
- Add 1/2 cup minced onions, parsley and 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic to the meat and mix throughly.
- Make 1-2” balls with the meat and place them in slow cooker pan, add adobo to taste, and cover them with the chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce (On the side I sautee the remaining onion and garlic and then I add it on too of the sauce to give it more of a traditional Italian flavor and depth).
- Set your crock pot to slow – 8hrs.
- Go leave your best life for 8 hrs. Then come back and make some pasta, add the sauce and some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Optional: accompany with something mildly bitter like baked broccoli or a salad to balance the flavor profile of the meal!).
These quick and easy meatballs simmer all day in the slow cooker instead of the stove, which makes them much better for a busy lifestyle. They're perfect over pasta or on long rolls for meatball subs. If you want a thinner sauce, mix in some jarred tomato sauce fifteen minutes before serving. Pasta can easily be made in your slow cooker! This was such an awesome revelation for me and I was happy to add it to the long list of reasons I love using my slow cooker to save myself some time in the kitchen.