Pasta Carbonara. Your pasta water should taste like the ocean. One of the biggest mistakes people make when To make an authentic carbonara sauce, you need eggs and Parmesan. I repeat, YOU DO NOT NEED.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- It’s 1 of small box of linguini pasta.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need Pinch of cumin.
- It’s of 8-10 slices bacon.
- You need of Pasta water.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare of Pinch salt & pepper.
Though the dish only has a handful of ingredients, the best carbonara takes more than just tossing some eggs and bacon into a pasta bowl.
Pasta Carbonara step by step
- First set aside your egg mixture. In a bowl mix your egg yolk with the Parmesan, pepper, salt & pinch of cumin for taste..
- Cut bacon into small pieces & fry your bacon in a large pan. Do not remove oil!! You will need it..
- Boil pasta water with salt. After water is boiling, input the linguini and stir for about 9 minutes. Make sure it is “al dente”. Aka: not over cooked..
- Before draining the pasta, SAVE half a cup of pasta water..
- Input the half a cup of pasta water to your egg mixture & stir for a few minutes..
- Put the drained pasta on the bacon pan and stir for a few minutes so the bacon and the oil mix well with the pasta.(On LOW heat).
- Lastly, TURN OFF the stove and input your egg/pasta water mixture to the pan with the pasta and bacon. Mix for 3 minutes. Bon apetito..