Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies. As far back as I can remember, every December we'd get How do you make the best Sugar Cookie Recipe? I'm going to walk through the process of making these cut out sugar cookies with you step-by-step! These are my best cut-out soft sugar cookies!
Ingredients of Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature for 1 hour.
- It’s 2 oz of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Large Batch (8 to 12 dozen, depending on size).
- You need 3 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Prepare 6 oz of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 9 cup of flour.
- You need 4 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
Sugar Cookies require only few ingredients and are super simple to make from scratch. This recipe is a cross between shortbread and sugar cookies. Essential Holiday Recipe: The Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies. While many sugar cookie recipes are a little bland, and frustratingly inconsistent in their texture (too sticky to roll out one minute, tough the next) we feel that this one gets it just right.
Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies instructions
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl, using a hand mixer), cream the butter and cream cheese with the sugar. Beat for several minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and almond extracts, and lemon zest..
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl then gradually add to the butter and sugar mixture until fully incorporated and a soft dough is formed..
- At this point the dough can, and should be, chilled or frozen. If making cookies in the near future, divide the dough into 2 balls and roll each out to 1/4 to 1/8-inch thickness between large pieces of parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Or freeze the dough balls, wrapped in plastic wrap and a freezer bag, for up to 1 month. To thaw, leave in the refrigerator overnight then proceed with the recipe..
- To bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare baking sheets by lining them with parchment or a Silpat. Cut cookies out of the rolled dough and place on the prepared baking sheets..
- Bake cookies for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to a wire rack..
- Cool completely before icing or decorating, and store in a tightly covered container..
- Sugar Cookie Tips •This dough freezes perfectly. The original recipe makes a very large quantity, so roll out a few sheets of dough and freeze them flat between wax paper and plastic wrap for quick cut-out cookies later. •When you take the chilled dough out of the fridge you may need to let it sit for a few moments before it is soft enough to roll out. The high quotient of butter makes this a very firm dough. •That firmness makes these perfect cut-out cookies for children; if you roll the dough at least 1/4-inch thick children should have no problem cutting and picking up cookie dough shapes. The dough doesn't tear easily or get too soft like other more delicate cookie doughs. •They are firm yet tender, with a very buttery flavor. If you sandwich them with a soft filling like buttercream or Nutella the cookies soften even more..
- Sugar Cookie Decorating Ideas •Ice with a sugar glaze then sandwich with Nutella between two cookies. •Glaze with warmed jelly then sandwich with another cut-out cookie on top. •Drizzle with melted chocolate. •Ice with royal icing and stick on candy dots for decoration. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350789-how-to-decorate-cookies-with-icing.
Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. This recipe is excellent for its purpose of rolling and cutting cookies.i tried another sugar cookie recipe and hated it.it didnt roll and cut as well and the cookies were flat and crispy. i always come. This easy cutout sugar cookie recipe is the best! It makes soft cookies with lightly crisp edges. The perfect sugar cookie for decorating!