Butter Tarts. Butter tarts are one of my all time favourite sweet treats and have been for many years. I don't often make them because, to be absolutely frank, I would not rest until I had eaten all of them! Butter tarts are unique to Canada and consist of flaky pastry shells that are filled with a sweet mixture of butter, brown sugar and eggs.
Ingredients of Butter Tarts
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter melted.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
Put it in a tart shell or. Butter Tarts – An Ooey Gooey Treat – Life In Pleasantville. These butter tarts are known to make Butter tarts are delicious. If you haven't tried one you need to.
Butter Tarts instructions
- Incorporate all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 4 or 5 minutes..
- Place tart shells on cookie sheet. Approx. 14 to 16. Spoon mixture into shells. About 3/4 full..
- Set oven at 400°F. Cook for 15 min or until shell edges are brown. Remove and Enjoy when cool enough..
I've been eating them my whole life. Butter tarts are a Canadian tradition. Butter Tarts have that perfect ratio of pastry to filling. That is because they are traditionally made as Butter Tarts are not to be eaten daintily with a fork, but should be picked up and eaten in a few. See more ideas about butter tarts, tart recipes, dessert recipes.