Berries And' Cream Tarts. These puff pastry tarts are made with frozen Puff Pastry, filled with Sweetened Cream, then topped with berries and a drizzle of chocolate ganache. No one will believe that these are homemade tarts and not bought at a fancy bakery! *PIN this recipe to your Dessert Board*. We can't think of any better way to use fresh summer berries than this decadent tart recipe.
Ingredients of Berries And' Cream Tarts
- It’s 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2/3 cups of granulated sugar + some extra sugar to sprinkle.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark chocolate.
- You need of Strawberries.
- You need of Extra Equipment.
- Prepare 3 of " cookie cutter (I used a glass).
- It’s 2 of " cookie cutter (I used a glass).
- Prepare of Puff pastry bag or zip lock bag.
- Prepare of Star tip (optional).
- It’s of Large ziplock bag (for ganache).
Make Pastry Cream: Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk egg yolks, granulated sugar, cake flour and salt until smooth. Trim excess dough flush with edges of pans using a knife. Fill a tart crust with a sweet cream cheese mixture and top with fresh berries for an easy and impressive dessert that's perfect for summer. Spread mixture evenly into cooled pastry shell.
Berries And' Cream Tarts step by step
- Thaw puff pastry on the counter, then put one sheet on top of the other and press the two together by rolling gently with a rolling pin until about 12×16 inches in size. Do not flour in between. Doubling the sheets will produce higher borders on the tarts. Cut out circles with a 3 inch cookie cutter. Try to cut them out as close as possible, leaving minimal amount of scraps in between..
- Remove scraps to a different parchment lined baking sheet. Move each cut out circle about 3/4 inch from each other. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, press it in the middle of the circle, almost all the way through..
- Whisk the eggs together for the egg wash.Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of each circle as well as the scraps that were leftover..
- Generously sprinkle tops of the cutout circles with granulated sugar..
- Bake in preheated to 425°F for 15 minutes or until puffed up and golden in colour..
- For the Ganache: Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream until almost boiling. Pour over 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth..
- Line a cup with a sandwich size ziplock bag and pour the ganache in..
- For the cream: Combine 2 cups heavy cream, 2/3 cup sugar & 1 Tbsp vanilla in a bowl of an electric mixer..
- Whip on high until stiff. Fill a pastry bag or a gallon sized ziplock bag fitted with a large star tip with the cream. Refrigerate until ready to use. Try to use within 15 minutes of making it..
- Line a large glass or a vase with the pastry bag fitted with a star tip (or a ziplock bag). Set aside..
- As soon as the pastries are baked and out of the oven, with your fingers or with a smaller cookie cutter, press in the middle to bring it down, leaving the sides as the borders to our pastries. Let completely cool..
- Snip off the end of the ziplock bag with the chocolate ganache and generously drizzle inside of the tarts, leaving about 1/4 of the ganache to drizzle later on top as decoration.
- Fill the pastry bag with the reserved cream and then use it to fill the middle with cream as well..
- Now slice the strawberries lengthwise and place one on each tart. Using leftover ganache, drizzle each tart..
- These pastries are best served cold, right out of the fridge. Enjoy!.
These lemon cream tarts with berries are creamy, dreamy and the perfect summertime treat! Summer berry tart with an all-butter crust, mascarpone cheese and whipped cream base, covered with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Buttery crust, rich creamy filling, and juicy ripe berries—this is what you want in a berry tart, right? This easy and impressive Berry Tart is sure to be a crowd pleaser. A soft sugar cookie crust is topped whipped cream frosting and piled high with lots of fresh berries.