Porcupine Meatballs. Porcupine Meatballs are a fun twist on a traditional meatball recipe. Porcupine Meatballs are similar to a classic meatball recipe, only with rice added to the meat mixture before cooking. Melinda's Porcupine Meatballs. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Ingredients of Porcupine Meatballs
- It’s of Meatballs.
- Prepare 1/2 C of Long Grain Rice, uncooked.
- Prepare 1/2 C of Water.
- You need 1 of Medium White Onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Celery Seed.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 15 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 C of water.
- You need 2 of Tblsp Light Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
Definitely a kid pleaser; these were my all time favorites as a kid, and are to my kids now! Porcupine Meatballs is one of my favorite meals that Mom would make. Meatballs No Tomato Recipes on Yummly Easy Porcupine Meatballs, Mum's Porcupine Meatballs, Brown Rice Porcupine Meatballs.
Porcupine Meatballs instructions
- In a large mixing bowl: ground beef, 1/2 C water, onion, salt celery seed, black pepper, and garlic powder. Combine with hands until blended..
- Heat oil in large frying pan. I love using my cast iron skillet, or chicken fryer..
- Form 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place in heated skillet. As balls brown roll them in the skillet to cook evenly. Drain grease in container safe for hot grease..
- While meatballs are cooking mix sauce in a large mixing bowl: can tomato sauce, 1 cup water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce..
- Once meatballs have been gently browned and firmed up pour sauce directly over meatballs in the skillet. Heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently about one hour. Checking to make sure they heat evenly. Don't cut the time or the rice will be under cooked..
- Serve meatballs with sauce. I like to have mine with mashed potatoes and a vegetable..
Serve these Porcupine Meatballs with Cheesy Au' Gratin Potatoes or this delightful Loaded Now, let me show you just how easy they are to make… Four Ingredient Porcupine Meatballs PRINT. Here's another old-fashioned recipe that is inexpensive and tasty to make. Lean ground beef, rice, tomato sauce and seasonings are used to create this homey meal. The white rice gives the meatballs. Porcupine Meatballs are a simple, budget friendly weeknight meal that the family will love.