Julie’s Spicy Meatballs. Italian Grandma Makes Meatballs (and Spaghetti). Spicy Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti – Marion's Kitchen. Get the deets on a Nolke family secret recipe.
Ingredients of Julie’s Spicy Meatballs
- It’s 2 of lbs. ground meat. All beef will work, but I prefer a mix of beef and veal, or a mix of beef, veal and pork.
- Prepare 1/2 of sweet onion, finely chopped (food processor works nicely).
- You need 1 of hot pepper of choice, finely chopped. I used a long hot and left the seeds in, also chopped in the food processor.
- It’s 1 of raw egg, for binding.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 4 of basil leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 TBS. of dried parsley or a bunch of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need to taste of Salt,.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper,.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 TBS. of flour, for coating meatballs.
WHAT: Our new favorite cocktail party appetizer, with a kick of spice to keep things interesting. Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat and add the meatballs using a spoon. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs in batches until nice and deep golden, then move them to a plate.
Julie’s Spicy Meatballs instructions
- Mix all ingredients together, except flour, and form into apx. 16 meatballs..
- Coat each meatball in flour by rolling it around on a plate. This wonderful cooking tip comes from Tony Danza’s meatball recipe! This prevents sticking while they fry..
- Brown the meatballs by frying in a pan for about 8-10 minutes, turning once. I prefer frying in bacon grease for added flavor, but any oil will do..
- Finish cooking meatballs in a pot of your favorite tomato sauce (homemade is best! See my recipe for homemade tomato sauce), simmering (covered) for at least one hour. The longer they simmer, the better they are!.
- Serve with spaghetti or any other pasta, using the reserve of sauce for your pasta..
- Buon appetito!
Spicy Meatball is a phrase that can be used to express excitement, empathy, disdain, or a variety of other feelings. The versatility behind the phrase comes from the the mixed feelings that one can feel. Easy Italian Meatball Subs with homemade meatballs, baked and topped with a simple Italian marinara sauce on a toasted bun with melted cheese. This slow cooker recipe uses prepared meatballs, grape jelly, and a few jars of taco sauce to make a sweet and spicy dish. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Sweet and Spicy Meatballs.