Best BBQ ribs-no grill needed !.
Ingredients of Best BBQ ribs-no grill needed !
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of BBQ sauce- your favorite flavor- we like honey BBQ.
- You need 2 lb of short boned ribs (extra meaty if possible).
Best BBQ ribs-no grill needed ! instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large cookie sheet type pan with foil to catch grease. I also put a cooking rack on top of the foil so my rubs don't cook in their own grease..
- During preheating, lay ribs meaty side down and douse liberally with seasonings. Flip and do meaty side..
- Bake uncovered, meaty side up for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until proper temp has been reached. A meat thermometer is useful. They will look well cooked, and only slightly pulling away from the ends of the bones (1/4 inch or a bit more). Any longer and they may get tough..
- Remove from oven and turn oven up quite high-mine goes to 500, so I like to use 450. Remove ribs to a plate or such for now, and drain off grease from pan. Replace ribs, meaty side down and slather underside with sauce, making sure to coat all exposed meat. Flip and do the meaty side liberally..
- Return to oven and cook to finish off sauce, about 10-15 minutes, depending on sauce, oven and size..
- When done, allow to cool and either slice individually or into portion sizes, 3-5 bones each, depending on meatiness..
- Serves very well with pasta salad, cucumbers, watermelon and lemonade on a picnic..