Sweet and Sour Ribs. Sweet and Sour Rib (Tang Cu Pai Gu)is a quite popular dish in China. However, mostly people will eat it in restaurant rather than at home since restaurant version is quite hard to achieve at home. This is Elaine's simplified homemade version without deep-frying.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Ribs
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper cut in diced.
- You need Half of onion diced.
- It’s 5 of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 kg of ribs.
- Prepare of Sauce:sugar vinegar ketchup water.
- You need of Flour for coating.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Egg white.
The ribs are lightly marinated and coated with cornstarch, then deep fried quickly to get a crispy. Southern cuisine is roughly more delicate, refined and sometimes sweeter in taste, while northern cuisine is a bit heavier and stronger in flavor. In the south, rice is the staple, while in the north, it's all about the bread (mantou, pancakes, etc.) and noodles. Shanghai Sweet and Sour Ribs (tang cu pai.
Sweet and Sour Ribs instructions
- Mix flour salt white pepper and egg white then coat all the ribs.Heat a wok and add oil deep fry one by one the ribs until golden brown.Remove and set aside.
- Saute onion until translucent then add bell pepper.Pout the ribs and the sauce.Cook it until the sauce evaporates and absorbs by the meat.Serve.
The "sweet" of pineapple and brown sugar balance the "sour" of vinegar in this slow cooker recipe for country-style ribs in a tangy sauce. Sprinkled ribs with seasoned salt and black pepper before adding the sauce. A popular dish in Zhejiang cuisine, Put one rack of ribs in the bowl, turning it with your hands so it gets covered with the sauce mixture. Leave the ribs to marinade for an hour. sweet and sour spare ribs (Chinese: 糖醋排骨; pinyin: tangcu paigu). Follow our instructions and you can delicious sweet and sour spare ribs yourself.