Moist Pineapple-Carrot Cake. This Pineapple Carrot Cake is perfect for Easter or carrot cake lovers! Today's recipe comes from two questions I receive on my homemade carrot cake The cake must be moist (and stay that way!), have a good amount of spices but not too much, and it needs to be topped with cream cheese frosting. Pineapple carrot cake is incredibly moist, bursting with spice flavor, and garnished with smooth and tangy cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients of Moist Pineapple-Carrot Cake
- It’s 170 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 120 g of sugar.
- You need 120 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 100 g of grated carrot.
- You need 100 g of crashed/finely diced pineapple.
- It’s 100 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Yellow food color.
This moist carrot cake is easy to make, is lower in sugar The moistness and sweetness come from replacing butter, oil and most of the sugar with applesauce and pineapple! Also, using some whole wheat flour. This pineapple carrot cake recipe yields a two-layer cake. If you prefer, you could make it as two single layer cakes or even as carrot cake cupcakes!
Moist Pineapple-Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare your baking tin by applying some butter and dusting with flour. Measure all your other ingredients..
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the spices. Add in the sugar and mix well with a spoon..
- In a separate bowl, add in the eggs, oil and vanilla essence. (Looks like its smiling at me
haha). Whisk well until well combined..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in batches and mix with a whisk until just combined. This is when you no longer see any more flour..
- Switch to a spatula or wooden spoon and add the carrots and pineapple to the batter. Fold them in gently. If you are using fresh pineapple, put the pineapple on a sieve and gently toss it around to remove excess juice. Save the juice for the icing. Transfer your mixture to your prepared baking tin..
- I used a 7 inch round cake pan as I wanted the cake spread out as it is a small amount of batter. Use a loaf pan or 6 inch cake pan if you want some height. Bake for 45-50 min until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean..
- Remove your cake pan and let it cool down for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack for it to cool completely..
- When your cake is cooled down, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl put your icing sugar and add the 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice and mix well. Add a tiny bit of yellow food color to give it that pineapple color. Pour the glaze over your cake or put it in a piping bag and drizzle over your cake..
- Let the icing set for a few minutes then slice, serve and enjoy!.
How to Make a Moist Carrot Cake. There are two camps in the world of carrot cake – pro-pineapple and anti-pineapple. This homemade pineapple carrot cake recipe is loaded with carrots, pineapple, and warms spices. This pineapple carrot cake recipe features a moist carrot cake speckled with bits of pineapple. It's spiced with warm cinnamon, ginger.