Taro Root Dumpling with Imitation Crab Meat Sauce. Taro Root Dumpling with Imitation Crab Meat Sauce. Earlier, I posted a recipe on Kanikama (imitation crab sticks) with Welsh onion sauce, but I also recommend this recipe. Taro root dumplings (aka wu gok) are made from taro that is steamed and mashed, stuffed with diced mushrooms, shrimp, pork and scallions, and The Best Stuffed Eggplant Recipe.
Ingredients of Taro Root Dumpling with Imitation Crab Meat Sauce
- Prepare 250 grams of net weight Taro root.
- It’s 1 of Hanpen.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko (for the rice dumplings).
- Prepare 5 stick of Imitation crab meat.
- You need 1/2 of pack Daikon radish sprouts.
- Prepare 500 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of ◎Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◎Mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◎Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ◎Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each Katakuriko and water.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil (for deep frying).
Taro roots are a delicious root vegetable that is a common staple of most Asian Pacific diets. You should be able to find them at an Asian market, or any grocery store with a fairly extensive produce section. Heat the sauce pot until the butter has completely melted, stirring it continuously. Deep fried crispy taro root dumpling with meat filling.
Taro Root Dumpling with Imitation Crab Meat Sauce step by step
- Peel the skin off the taro potatoes, wrap in plastic wrap, and microwave until soft (about 6~9 minutes)..
- Place Step 1 and the hanpen into a food processor and blend together..
- When Step 2 is completely cooled, cut it in 5 pieces and roll them into balls after coating your hands with katakuriko..
- Fry the rice dumplings in vegetable oil until golden brown on the surface (about 2-3 minutes)..
- Add water and the ◎ ingredients to a pot, bring to a boil, add the cut and washed daikon radish sprouts and shredded imitation crab meat, and bring to a boil..
- Stir in the katakuriko dissolved in water into Step 5 over low heat..
- Place the fried rice dumplings into a dish, top with Step 6, and it is done..
Pork congee with slice deep fried doughstick. Sweet and sour sauce fried with meat. For other plants called Taro, and other uses, see Taro (disambiguation). In the Azores it is known as inhâme and is commonly used steamed with potatoes, vegetables and meats as well as fish. In short, imitation crab is processed fish meat — in fact, it's sometimes called While imitation crab is made from seafood, it generally contains no crab — other than a tiny amount of crab Additionally, some imitation crab sticks are packaged in grab-and-go, snack-sized portions with dipping sauce.