Siomay (Indonesian Dumpling). This is the nicest Siomay to me because my hubby made it
Ingredients of Siomay (Indonesian Dumpling)
- Prepare 500 gram of pork mince ( or 300g chicken meat, paste + 200g shrimp /.
- Prepare of or mackerel fish, paste ).
- You need 2 tablespoon of shallots, grated.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of garlic, mashed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2-3 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cooking oil/sesame oil.
- You need 2-3 of eggs.
- You need 300 gram of carrot, grated.
- Prepare 350 gram of tapioca starch.
- It’s of Wonton skin (you can buy in Asian grocery).
- You need 1 of medium sized biter melon.
- You need 1 of medium sized cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of large potatoe.
- You need of Some hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare of Tofu.
- It’s of Peanut Sauce:.
- Prepare 500 gram of roasted peanut.
- It’s 200 gram of red chlilies.
- You need 3 of garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tamarind juice.
- You need 2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 5-7 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 of , 5 liter water.
Siomay, is an Indonesian steamed fish dumpling with vegetables served in peanut sauce derived from Chinese Shumai. This dish is a complete portion comes with a steamed potato, cabbage, egg. For more info, please visit www.flamingpot.com. In Indonesian & English (the English version is below the recipe written in Indonesian).
Siomay (Indonesian Dumpling) instructions
- In a bowl, combine pork meat (chicken meat and shrimp paste) with shallot, garlic, white pepper, sugar, salt, and cooking oil. I used food processor to combine it. Then add egg and mix well. Add grated carrot and mix well. Add tapioca starch, mix well. Set aside. Grease the steamer with small amount of cooking oil to make the dumplings will not sticky when steaming..
- Siomay : Take a piece of wonton skin, scoop about 1 tbs of filling, shape it using hands. Repeat until all the wonton skin are used up. Steam for 20 minutes..
- Potato : Boiled potatoes until half-cooked then peel the potato's skin. Cut in half and scrape a portion of potato side and fill it with the filling. Steam it. If you want simple way, just boiled it and peel the potato skin without fill it with the feeling..
- Tofu : Cut in half and scrape a portion of tofu and fill it with the filling. Steam. You can also just cut in half and directly steam it..
- Bitter melon : Cut in several pieces (as your liking). Scrape the seed portion and fill it in with the filling. Steam it..
- Cabbage : Cut in several pieces as your liking and steam it. Some people usually make the cabbage roll and fill it with the filling. But I choose simple way, just steam it with fill nothing. Egg : hard boiled eggs.
- Peanut Sauce (Peanut Sambal) : Process the peanuts in food processor until smooth. Transfer it into a medium bowl. Set aside. Process red chilies, garlic and shallots until smooth. Heat a skillet and add some cooking oil. Stir fry the smooth red chilies, garlic, and shallot until fragrant. Add the ground peanuts, mix well. Pour water, mix it. Add salt, coconut sugar, tamarind juice, mix well. Wait until the sauce become thick then turn off the heat. Set aside..
- Serving suggestions: place all dumplings on a plate. Pour some peanut sauce and drizzle over lime juice, sweet soy sauce, and some ground chilies or you can use chili sauce from the store.
Siomay kini merupakan makanan yang digemari seluruh lapisan masyarakat. Kuliner asal kota Kembang ini merupakan salah satu kuliner Indonesia yang paling populer. Indonesian restaurant in Sleman. dishes indonesia media photography sunda typicalfood fishtaste. Nusantara food : is an Indonesian steamed fish dumpling with vegetables served in peanut sauce. It is derived from Chinese Shumai.