EZ Award Winning Buttermilk Pancakes. Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake mix has no artificial flavors, no artificial colors and no artificial preservatives. The ChefsBest® Excellence Award is awarded to brands that surpass quality standards established by independent professional chefs. The BEST Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes you'll ever try – promise!
Ingredients of EZ Award Winning Buttermilk Pancakes
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs (separated).
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
Quick to prepare, budget friendly, and award winning.you'll love this! These Best Ever Buttermilk Pancakes are the perfect thing! Great texture, very light and super tasty! This is a winning recipe and the only one I will use in future.
EZ Award Winning Buttermilk Pancakes step by step
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and white sugar in a medium mixing bowl..
- In smaller bowl wisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, whole milk, melted butter, vanilla and brown sugar..
- Mix yolk/milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined (will be slightly lumpy)..
- Wisk egg whites either by hand or mixer with wisk attachment until medium peaks form..
- Folk egg whites gently into batter. The egg whites shouldn't be fully incorporated into the batter..
- Heat a griddle until hot (about 350 – 375°). Add small amount of butter (approximately 1/2 tsp. per pancake) to the hot griddle, then pour 1/4 cup per pancake onto griddle. Make sure you leave enough room between cakes..
- Cook until bubbles form on top of pancake, lift pancake slightly, if golden brown, turn over. Cook until golden brown on remaining side..
- Serve with maple syrup..
- Note: makes approximately one dozen 6-inch pancakes..
Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula. Make sure not to overmix, as that will result in dense pancakes. These top-rated buttermilk pancakes are everything you could hope want. Since I don't bake much, buttermilk is one of rare ingredients in my kitchen and I can't think of any of my recipes that need buttermilk off the top of my head. So whenever I woke up in the morning and felt like eating buttermilk pancakes, I had no buttermilk in the fridge.