Buttermilk Pancakes. Fresh buttermilk is the secret ingredient for light and fluffy cakes in this buttermilk pancake recipe. The BEST Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes you'll ever try – promise! This easy to follow pancake recipe yields super delicious and totally amazing pancakes every time!
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbs of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter, melted.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, yolks and white separated.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 tbs of granulated sugar.
- It’s of non-stick spray.
- It’s of blueberries, bananas, maple syrup, exc.
This Buttermilk Pancakes recipe makes the most perfect soft and fluffy pancakes. I used uncultured buttermilk, and the pancakes were thin and rubbery. Perhaps Martha meant to state that the buttermilk should be. Golden, fluffy buttermilk pancakes make the perfect Saturday morning breakfast.
Buttermilk Pancakes instructions
- To make the dry mix: sift the flour into a medium bowl. Add the 3 tbs of sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it cool for about 10 minutes..
- Crack the eggs and seperate the yolks in a small bowl and the whites in a larger one (you will be adding all ingredients in this bowl later on)..
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy and then add the buttermilk and mix together..
- In the smaller bowl blend the yolks together and add the room temp butter along with the 1 tablespoon of sugar..
- Add the yolk mixture to the egg whites mixture until fully combined. Then slowly mix in the dry mix until all the clumps disappear. DO NOT OVER MIX. Refridgerate for 10 minutes..
- During the 10 minutes of waiting, turn on your skillet to let it heat up. I always turn it up to about 300 to 350 degrees but sometimes I turn it down if the pancakes are getting brown too fast. Up to you..
- If you want any mix-ins now is the time to prepare them. For bananas slice them up really small and either mix them into the batter or hand place them on the cake immediately after put on the griddle (same for chocolate chips). As for blueberries I like to dress mine with flour and then add them to the batter. Use the photo for reference..
- Once the 10 min are up spray a good amount of non-stick spray onto the skillet. Grab a large spoon or a mashed potato scooper and spoon a cookie-sized portion of the batter onto the griddle (now would be when you place the chocolate chips or any mix-in you like). Cook until you see bubbles forming in the middle and then flip once..
- Top with more mix-ins, butter, or syrup. You can keep them warm if you heat your oven to 200 degrees and let them sit in there until someone is ready to eat em. Enjoy!.
But this simple recipe makes perfect pancakes easy enough to whip up any day of the week! How To Make Buttermilk Pancakes From Scratch. To make this buttermilk pancake recipe, you'll start out by heating a skillet or griddle to medium heat. Then, you'll whisk together your dry ingredients. Buttermilk pancakes don't have to be sweet!