Simple homemade Bone Broth.
Ingredients of Simple homemade Bone Broth
- It’s 800 grams of grass fed beef bones.
- Prepare 3.5 litres of purified water or enough to cover bones in slow cooker.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- You need 2 stalks of celery.
Simple homemade Bone Broth instructions
- In a large bowl filled halfway with water, pour apple cider vinegar and soak the beef bones in the water for about 20 to 30 minutes. (The vinegar acts as a solvent, helping to pull calcium and other minerals from the bones as it slowly cooks.).
- Plug in a slow cooker and place the beef bones, carrots and celery in it. Pour purified water and turn the power to high and let it boil. Depending on the bones, there will be some foam on top. These are impurities from the bones. Check and scoop it out every 20 minutes for the first 2 hours. Lower the power to the lowest and let simmer..
- The broth can be kept simmering anywhere from 4 to 24 hours. It’s your preference..
- Turn the heat off and let the broth cool down slightly. Strain with a fine sieve or a muslin cloth to get rid of all the fine bones and meat. When it has cooled completely, transfer to glass jars. Keep for up to 5 days in the fridge or freeze it for future use..