Mussels In Tomato Sauce. Swirl olive oil into melted butter. Learn how to make Mussels in Tomato Sauce. Steamed mussels with tomato sauce These easy steamed mussels in tomato sauce are quickly made and sure to impress.
Ingredients of Mussels In Tomato Sauce
- You need of Mussels.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 clove of Fresh garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Fresh oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon.
Serve immediately with warm, crusty bread. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook eschalots and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and the mussels.
Mussels In Tomato Sauce instructions
- Wash your mussels and prepare a sauce pan..
- Put your mussels and add a bit of water and cover for 5-10 minutes..
- Drain water from sauce pan and put mussels aside..
- Add olive oil, and onions and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add your tomato paste, tomato sauce, salt and pepper , cumin ,garlic and lemon..
- Add your mussels , and fresh oregano. Cover and let it cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Your done! Top with some fresh parsley to taste xxx.
Add wine and bring to a boil. Add diced tomatoes, wine, and parsley and stir until combined. The most common method of cooking mussels is to steam them, but they can be steamed in just about any liquid, including tomato sauce. Mussels should take about five minutes to cook. When you're ready to serve, discard any mussels that haven't opened to be safe.