Lemon curd tartlets. An easy recipe for lemon tartlets with lemon curd. Sweet pastry shells make the perfect container for the best lemon curd ever – it's so silky and smooth. I love lemon anything: Lemon tartlets, lemon pie, lemonade, lemon candy.
Ingredients of Lemon curd tartlets
- You need of To make lemon curd -.
- It’s 6 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon rind.
- Prepare 150 gram of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 100 gram of condensed milk.
- It’s 100 gram of butter.
- Prepare of To make tartlets -.
- Prepare 100 gram of butter.
- It’s 50 gram of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 150 gram of plain flour.
These Lemon Curd Tartlets are so refreshing with the curd and lemon wedges toping. They are served chilled, so these make a perfect baked treat for summer! Lemon Curd Tartlets are mini pastry shells filled with lemon curd, and topped with meringue that is lightly toasted. We have them every year at my work Christmas party and I always have to have.
Lemon curd tartlets step by step
- To make lemon curd, mix lemon juice, lemon rind and sugar in a pan and put it on medium heat. Make slurry by mixing corn flour and water. When the lemon mixture starts boiling, add corn flour slurry to it and mix it well. When it thickens a bit, turn off the heat and let it cool down at room temperature..
- Transfer the lemon mixture into a bowl and add condensed milk. Mix it very well. Now add butter to this mixture and whisk for 3 to 4 minutes to make it a little bit thick. Now let it cool down completely at room temperature. Lemon curd can be prepared in advance and stored in a refrigerator for 5 to 7 days..
- To make tartlets, add sugar and butter into a bowl and mix it very well. Now add plain flour to it and make a dough. Do not use water to make the dough. Now cover the dough with a cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Now take a small portion of the dough and cover the tart mould with it. With the help of a knife cut the edges to make it even. Prepare all tartlets in the same manner. Instead of making small tartlets, one big tart can also be prepared from the same dough. Here I have used 2.5 inch tartlets mould. This dough is enough to make nine such tartlets..
- Arrange the prepare tartlets on a baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree for 20 minutes. Now let it cool down at room temperature and demould the tartlets. Tartlet can be used after it is completely cooled down. Tartlets can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container for a week..
- When the tartlets are completely cooled down, fill them with the prepared lemon curd. Garnish them with a spring of mint and a slice of lemon..
- Serve lemon curd tartlets as a dessert or a sweet..
How to make lemon curd tart recipe lemon curd recipe Sweet and fluffy pastry top with silky smooth lemon curd. Recipe for lemon curd tart Ingredients: For. Fill the tart shell with warm lemon curd and refrigerate until set. Lemon curd tartlets: shortcrust pastry shells filled with lemon curd and topped with fresh raspberries, easy to make and so delicious.