Cherry Pie. Cherry pie is a pie baked with a cherry filling. Traditionally, cherry pie is made with tart rather than sweet cherries. Morello cherries are one of the most common kinds of cherry used, but other varieties such as the black cherry may also be used.
Ingredients of Cherry Pie
- You need of frozen cherries (I used tart red cherries, sweet black cherries, and blueberries).
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of almond extract.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- You need of medium egg (egg white).
- You need of pie crusts.
- You need of Pie Crust.
Tastes so good She's my cherry pie, put a smile on your face. ten miles wide. Looks so good Find images of Cherry Pie. Free for commercial use No attribution required High quality images. Cherry pie filled with ripe sweet cherries is a summer favorite.
Cherry Pie instructions
- Make pie crusts — see instructions for “Butter Pie Crust (2 Crusts)”.
- Preheat oven after dough has set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough for bottom crust and lay into the pie dish.
- Mix cherry mixture, sugar, cornstarch vanilla extract and almond extract into a bowl and let sit out for 20 mins to thaw (but be sure to keep the cherries cold).
- Add cherry mixture into the pie crust, and then layer the top crust on the top of the mixture. Press the edges together with your fingers (I used a fork, as well) to seal the edges..
- Use egg whites to lather on top of the top crust and add your desired slit pattern..
- Bake for 20 minutes on 400, then decrease to 375 for 35 minutes. This decreases burning the edges of the crust!.
- Let the pie cool completely (or mostly
) before cutting and serving..
This easy pie can be made with fresh or frozen sweet cherries. A touch of almond extract in the filling and a light hand with the sugar helps. Homemade Mini Cherry Pies with Blue Bell Ice Cream.