Pesto haddock and mussels. Baby courgettes, sweet tomatoes & peas. Baby courgettes, sweet tomatoes & peas. "Mussels are a super-nutritious member of the shellfish family, packed with micronutrients including iodine and selenium, two important minerals for healthy. To make the haddock with mussels and clams, pour the wine into a deep casserole with a tight fitting lid.
Ingredients of Pesto haddock and mussels
- You need 1 of romaine lettuce.
- You need 2 of fillet of haddock.
- It’s 1 tsp of mixed herb.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 250 grams of frozen mussels.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of basil pesto.
Strain liquid into a large Add the mussels and parsley and heat through. Top with julienne of carrots, celery, and zucchini and garnish with mussel shells. Scrub shells with stiff brush; rinse thoroughly several times. Combine wine, water, and onion in large pan; bring to simmering stage.
Pesto haddock and mussels step by step
- Clean lettuce and lace 2 bowls with them.
- Mix together curry powder, herb and bread crumbs.
- Coat haddock in bread crumb mixture.
- Pan fry haddock with olive oil, around 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the haddock at the middle of each lettuce laced bowls.
- In a pan, cook mussels in rice wine and milk for around 5 minutes.
- Place mussels around and on top of haddock.
- Add pesto into broth and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour pesto broth over haddock and mussels, and serve.
This dish is perfect to serve during a dinner party or date. Not an original recipe, but made a few editions from the original one. The haddock (Melanogrammus aeglefinus) is a saltwater ray-finned fish from the family Gadidae, the true cods. It is the only species in the monotypic genus Melanogrammus. Really more than a set of techniques then a recipe, this dish is simple to make, yet very satisfying.