Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake. Upside Down Apple Cake with caramel sauce and apple wedges in a flour cornmeal batter. The last time this happened, dad swore like a sailor, threw the whole cake in the sink, and vowed to never attempt an apple upside down cake again. This Apple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized apple topping and a cinnamon vanilla cake.
Ingredients of Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of stevia-sugar blend.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s 2 of apple (saved 12 thinly sliced, then minced the remaining).
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice powder.
- You need of lemon zest.
Especially with a side of vanilla ice cream. Bring carrot cake and pineapple upside-down cake together for a dessert that's as delicious as it is beautiful. Cooked in a cast-iron skillet, this delicous Stir in carrots and pecans, then stir in flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in the.
Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake instructions
- Mix the dry ingredients: sifted flour, sugar, stevia-sugar blend, baking powder, baking soda salt and allspice..
- Mix separately the eggs and olive oil..
- Gradually pour the dry mixture to the wet mixture..
- Once mixed, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, carrots and minced apples..
- Arrange the apple slices into circular form at the bottom of the mold..
- Pour into a mold and put baked into a preheated oven at 200 degree C, for 30-45 minutes..
- Let it cool for 15 minutes..
- Turn the mold upside-down into a pan..
- (Optional) Add confectioner sugar and more additional shredded carrots for decorations..
This apple upside-down cake is a wonderful twist on an old favorite. Will have your mouth watering as it bakes, because it smells as good as it tastes! Apple Upside-Down Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Upside-down cake has all the textures you could ever want. Starting from the bottom, it's got a moist and tender butter cake.