Really Easy! Egg, Potato, and Macaroni Salad. Authentic Potato Macaroni salad also known as "potato mac salad" is a popular side dish served in plate lunches all over the Hawaiian Islands. Over the years, potato and macaroni salad have been adapted to local preferences by using an abundance of mayonnaise and elbow macaroni noodles. Summer BBQ recipes can be a challenge for vegans, so in today's video I wanted to share some easy side dishes to help make your next BBQ a smash.
Ingredients of Really Easy! Egg, Potato, and Macaroni Salad
- You need 1 large of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Hard boiled egg.
- It’s 60 of to 70 grams Macaroni.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of ★Salt and pepper (I recommend black pepper for adults).
- You need 1 of ★Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 pinch of ★ Umami seasoning (optional).
- You need 1 dash of Milk.
- You need 1 dash of of each Parsley, grated cheese (optional).
Easy macaroni salad with cucumbers and eggs is a twist on traditional macaroni salad. It's perfect for warm weather bbq's, potlucks or anytime really. I know a lot of people are trying to eat healthier, so if you are on a diet then this may not be for you, but there are ways to make it healthier just read below. Easy creamy potato salad recipe with lots of tips for making it best, including the best potatoes to When I really want to up my potato salad game, I use homemade mayonnaise.
Really Easy! Egg, Potato, and Macaroni Salad step by step
- Boil the potato until tender, peel and mash while still hot. You can also peel it first, cut up into thin slices, boil until tender for about 15 minutes and mash..
- Mix in the sugar while it's still warm..
- Boil the macaroni following package instructions, drain and leave to cool. Chop up the boiled egg roughly..
- Mix the mashed potato, cooked and cooled macaroni and chopped egg, plus the ★ ingredients together. Adjust the consistency with milk, season with salt and pepper and it's done. Add parsley, black pepper and grated cheese on top to taste..
- Pack in a bento!.
- When you want some yellow color or just want to make it pretty, reserve some of the egg yolk and pass it through a tea strainer. Use as a topping, mimosa-salad style..
- The photo here is 1 serving arranged as described in Step 6. If you use the whole yolk as topping, add another boiled egg..
It's easier than you Hard boiled eggs add texture and extra creaminess. Fresh Herbs — The most common herbs are. Both the potato salad and the macaroni version are really good with barbecue. Just made this today; I added in macaroni with the potatoes and eggs, as well as some garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. I will be making this again, however.