Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry. I save time by chopping my veggies while the tofu is baking. But if you are in a hurry, you can just put the tofu cubes in with the veggies. I've seen some recipes use double that amount.
Ingredients of Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry
- It’s 1 of mango.
- You need 1 block of tofu.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 of courgette.
- You need 1 of red pepper.
- It’s 1 pack of green beans.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger.
- You need 1 pack of red Thai curry paate.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 of lime.
We happen to enjoy it, but it definitely requires the right preparation in order for it to leave a lasting impression. If you've been hesitant to hop aboard the tofu wagon, this Thai Red Curry Tofu is a great place to start. It's made with easy-to-find ingredients and can be. Green and red bell peppers, bamboo shoots, broccoli or carrots are great choices for the red curry.
Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry instructions
- I like to start by getting the ingredients out. You could swap vegetables in for what you have in the fridge and the red curry paste that you like the most..
- Wrap the tofu in kitchen roll like a little present and then place between two plates..
- Use cans to squeeze the water out of the tofu. Leave the tofu whilst you chop the vegetables – the longer you leave it the better the tofu will be..
- Prepare the mango first. You need to feel for the pip and cut halves of the mango off either side of the seed..
- You will be left with three parts – two halves and the centre section. Cut a small grid into each half and….
- … ‘hedgehog’ the mango. Chop off the cubes and put aside into a bowl..
- Prepare the remaining ingredients. Chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Half-moon the courgette, and cut the green beans and pepper into bit size chunks..
- Preheat a pan and add the tofu – it should sizzle when it hits the pan..
- Squeeze the tofu so it squeaks. As you prepare the curry the tofu can sizzle away. Keep an eye on it and flip it halfway through..
- Fry the onion in the oil for 3 minutes until soft..
- Sauté the vegetables for 3 minutes or so..
- By now the tofu will look similar to this – it’s close to finished. Once it’s cooked, remove from the heat and put aside..
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and curry paste to the curry..
- Stir everything in. It will begin to smell amazing!.
- Once everything is stirred in add the coconut milk and soy sauce. Reduce to a simmer and add the mango….
- … and add the tofu..
- Simmer the curry away for 5 to 8 minutes – until the mango is tender. Once it is ready turn off the heat and add the juice of half a lime..
- Serve over brown rice or in a bowl. Yummy!.
Thai Red Curry is normally served with jasmine rice. If you add more coconut milk, water, or homemade broth, it can be served as a coconut soup as well with rice noodles. Ingredients in Vegan Thai Red Curry. There are some key ingredients for this curry: Red Curry Paste – I use Thai Kitchen's Red Curry Paste (aff. link). A lot of red curry pastes contain fish sauce, and this one is vegan for sure, so I would recommend it!