Traditional Roman Inspired Carbonara #HelpfulCook.
Ingredients of Traditional Roman Inspired Carbonara #HelpfulCook
- It’s 4 of large egg yolks.
- You need 75 g of pecorino romano, plus extra for sprinkling on top.
- It’s 100 g of panchetta.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 200 g of penne pasta or Rigatoni.
Traditional Roman Inspired Carbonara #HelpfulCook instructions
- Bring a pot of seasoned water to boil..
- Add the pasta and cook until all dente..
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan. Cut the panchetta in to pieces and then add to the pan to cook until crispy..
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and pecorino cheese together seasoning with a bit of salt and pepper..
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain, retaining some of the water. Add the pasta to the panchetta along with some of the water and mix well..
- Remove from the heat and then stir in the egg mixture. Serve immediately..