Thai Red Chicken Curry. Forget ordering takeaway and make your own Thai red curry at home. Thai Red Curry, like most Asian curries, has a great depth of flavour. The sauce flavour is complex, it has many layers from all the ingredients in the paste that is then simmered with broth and coconut Recipe VIDEO above.
Ingredients of Thai Red Chicken Curry
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, meat cut into about 2.5 cm cubes or strips.
- You need 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 of lime leaves (optional).
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare handful of green beans, trimmed.
- It’s 1 of smaill tin bamboo shoots.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper.
- You need 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- It’s 2-3 of fresh red chilies, finely sliced (optional).
- It’s of To serve.
- You need of Thai fragrant rice, cooked according to packet instructions.
This is a quick and easy curry stir-fry made with chicken, zucchini, red bell pepper and carrot. Coconut milk and curry paste make an irresistible sauce. This Thai Red Curry Chicken achieves a wonderfully fresh citrus zing by playing up the fresh lime juice, bright lime zest and simmering the sauce with a bay leaf. This Thai red curry recipe is so easy to make at home!
Thai Red Chicken Curry step by step
- Heat a couple of tbsp. of coconut milk in a wok over a high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the red curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add the chicken cubes/strips and stir until coated in the curry paste..
- Continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the chicken has browned on all sides..
- Add the coconut milk, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar and stir well. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering..
- Continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and you see beautiful red oil separated from the coconut milk..
- Add the green beans, bamboo shoot, red pepper and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until just tender. Add some basil leaves and chopped chilies at the last minute and stir well..
- Serve with Thai jasmine rice and ENJOY!.
It's much tastier than takeout and healthier This Thai red curry made a fantastic meal last night and perhaps an even better breakfast this This is our favorite Thai curry recipe. We're not vegetarian, so I do throw in cubed chicken thighs for the. A great option when you're short on time but don't want to miss out on taste. Thai Red Chicken Curry, Sawadtee Kaa! Going back to the Thai food, I want to make red chicken curry that is so easy to make and quick to put together.