Deep-fried Onion Rings #deepfriedsnacks. Exactly the style I was looking for! As recommended I dusted the onions with floor before the batter and it coated them perfectly. Soak the rings in the buttermilk mixed with the cayenne pepper.
Ingredients of Deep-fried Onion Rings #deepfriedsnacks
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour(1 cup to serve 6).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (1 tbsp).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda (1 tbsp).
- You need 1 of egg (1 egg).
- It’s 3 tbsp of milk (2/3 cup milk).
- You need of Onions (the bigger the better).
- It’s Pinch of black pepper.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
An onion ring is a form of appetizer or side dish commonly found in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and some parts of Asia, mainland Europe, and Latin America. Onion rings are a classic in our home and we make them all the time. Deep Fried Onion Rings Recipe will ensure that your onion rings come out perfectly crispy every time. These onion rings are coated in beer batter and deep fried until golden brown.
Deep-fried Onion Rings #deepfriedsnacks step by step
- Assemble ingredients. Peel and slice onions into rings. 1/4 inch thick.
- Separate the rings and put into cold water (soak)with a pinch of salt for about 20mins.
- The smaller inner rings can be kept aside for other purposes as only the bigger rings are needed. (I used mine to make salad/kachumbari).
- Drain the rings and place aside.
- Take flour, add salt and baking soda..
- In another bowl, crack the egg, add the milk and whisk. Then add black pepper.
- Take onion rings, dip into egg and milk batter then in the flour and deep fry till golden brown and crispy.
- Drain and serve while hot and crunchy. The taste is devine.
- It can be taken with a cold drink.
- Or as an accompaniment with fries.
Deep fried onion rings are one of our guilty pleasures. We don't make them often, so they are a real treat when we do. Serve them along with grilled steaks, burgers, or sandwiches. And crispy fried onion rings make a great burger or pulled pork topping. And vegetables Golden deep fried onion rings.