Salisbury Steak. Salisbury Steak – TV Dinner Style – Food Wishes. Homemade Mushroom And onion Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. Hamburger salisbury steak with gravy is a classic dinner that is inexpensive and so easy to make.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- You need 2 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tbs of Worcestershire saice.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need of to taste Salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Gravy ingredients.
- You need 1 of medium onion sliced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of minced garlic garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- You need 14 oz of can beef broth.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine (optional).
- Prepare of to taste Salt & pepper.
It is pure comfort food that is so simple to make! With just a few simple ingredients (that you probably already have sitting around in your kitchen. This is our favorite salisbury steak recipe. I always make enough extra sauce to serve over potatoes.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Mix all steak ingredients in large bowl and form into 4 steak patties.
- In 14” cast iron skillet heat olive oil on high and crisp the outsides of the steaks then remove from skillet and set aside.
- In skillet add olive oil and 1 tbs butter. Add onions and sauté until soft the add garlic and cook for 1 minute..
- Add remaking butter and flour and mix until thick (about a minute)..
- Whisk in beef broth slowly until combined then add Worcestershire sauce, wine salt & pepper.
- Add steaks back in cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until steaks are cooked through.
- Serve over potatoes or noodles.
Tastes like it took all day to cook. Salisbury Steak is one of my favorite beef dinners because it is such an economical way to eat red meat. The problem with Salisbury Steak is sometimes the patties are dry, tough, and flavorless. Reimagine salisbury steak by making them into meatballs and tossing them in deliciously buttery egg noodles. The site may earn a commission on some products.