CiCi's Easy Chicken Tacos. Easy Chicken Tacos – With a simple spice rub, the chicken is cooked so quickly on the stovetop! Dice into small pieces and serve with pico, avocado + lime! So enter the easiest weeknight chicken tacos ever.
Ingredients of CiCi's Easy Chicken Tacos
- Prepare 6 of boneless/skinless chicken breast filets.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder or 3 cloves fresh minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 medium of jalapeno pepper (optional).
- You need 1 large of jar salsa.
- You need 1 envelope of taco seasoning mix.
- It’s 1/2 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
These chicken tacos are warm flour tortillas filled with diced marinated chicken, lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado and cheese. A quick and easy dinner option that's easy to customize to your tastes, and is perfect for feeding a crowd. This is such an easy chicken taco recipe. This is such an easy chicken taco recipe, and it's also a healthy meal choice for anyone on a low-calorie diet.
CiCi's Easy Chicken Tacos step by step
- in large skillet heat 1/2 cup oil on medium-high heat.
- if using fresh garlic add to heated oil and saute slightly. you can omit garlic powder if you choose..
- add jalapeno pepper (seeded and sliced into strips).
- sprinkle garlic powder and chili powder in each breast filet and add to heated oil.
- saute chicken, turning each piece occasionally, until browned.
- shred chicken and put in crockpot.
- pour jar of salsa over chicken breast.
- add 1/2 can chicken broth.
- sprinkle taco seasoning over salsa and mix together.
- cook in crockpot on low for 1-2 hours (or you can leave mixture in skillet and simmer for about 30 minutes).
- stir in cream cheese about 10 minutes before serving.
- I served this with refried beans and Mexican rice.
These spicy tacos are perfect for weeknight dinners and are sure to please the entire family. Chicken Tacos is a quick way to get your midweek taco fix! Shredded Mexican chicken that comes with its own sauce, a homemade chicken taco seasoning does double duty to flavour the chicken AND make the taco sauce. This is an easy chicken taco recipe loaded with big, punchy Mexican flavours. An Easy, Flavorful Taco Dinner Made with Pantry Staples.