Baked Falafel. Watch how to make crispy baked falafel in this short video! This recipe produces delicious, crisp-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside falafels just like your favorite Middle Eastern restaurant's. Though I have mastered the art of Vegan Gluten-Free Falafel, I've been craving a falafel burger these days.
Ingredients of Baked Falafel
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera(cumin seeds).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of besan for binding optional .
- You need as needed of Oil for greasing tray & little oil to drizzle on falafel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
You can make a huge batch, warm the leftovers for weekday lunches, and generally enjoy falafel whenever the fancy. If you haven't tried falafel by now you should definitely try this healthy recipe. Falafel is that kind of comforting food which is delicious. Falafel are delicious balls of chickpea and herb goodness that you find in Middle Eastern cooking.
Baked Falafel instructions
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl with plenty of cold water; soak overnight; boil with salt until 90% done before boiling wash chickpeas in running water so all gas out 2. Drain & place chickpeas in food processor with onion, garlic,cumin, parsley,coriander & lemon juice.
- 3. Add salt & process until the mixture forms a coarse texture ; add sesame seeds 4. Shape the mixture in to walnut size ball & flatten them slightly.
- 5. In a preheat oven grease the tray& arrange the falafel 6. Change the sides frequently bake it until golden 7. Serve with tahini / yogurt mint dip.
- If you want make little spicy you can add 1-2 green chilli while grinding & fry them also but nowadays people wants healthy so baked one I make.
Today, I'll share how to make both fried falafel and baked falafel. Healthy Baked falafel recipe is crispy on the outside & soft on the inside. This easy baked falafel recipe is made with fresh herbs, garlic and spices. Completely delicious but a spray of oil keeps the calorie count down. Reviews for: Photos of Baked Falafel.