Biryani (Vegan). A fragrant Indian rice and chickpea dish infused with Indian spices – vegan adaptable and gluten-free. If you love Indian food- you've gotta try this healthy recipe! Vegetable Biryani, BL's favorite take-out, has been my unicorn recipe for the past few years.
Ingredients of Biryani (Vegan)
- It’s of Biryani.
- You need 2 cup of Long grained biryani rice.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of Diced vegetables (onions,beans,cauliflower,green peas,potatoes,carrots).
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 10 piece of Cashewnuts.
- It’s 1 of Garam Masala (2-3 cloves,cinnamon stick,2 bay leaves,3 star anise,4 peppercorns,2 cardamoms,mace).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee or Butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sour curd.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of corainder powder (you can use chopped fresh corainder leaves instead).
- You need 2 of chopped green chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fenugreek powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 cup of Paneer (you can also use mushrooms).
- It’s 4 tsp of Refined oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
- Prepare of Raita.
- You need 1 cup of Diced cucumber,tomatoes & onions.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped corainder leaves & green chillies.
- Prepare 2 cup of sour curd.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
Vegetable Biryani is a rich and exotic rice dish with spicy vegetables. The saffron aroma makes this dish very inviting. Biryani is a popular Mughali dish that has been adapted by Indians. Beans in a biryani are just.strange.
Biryani (Vegan) step by step
- Transfer the diced vegetables to a mixing bowl.Add sour curd, tomato puree, fenugreek powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, green chillies,turmeic and salt. Mix well and marinate for 1 hour..
- Grind the cashews into a fine paste..
- Heat oil in a wok.Add the garam masala and fry for 1 min..
- Add the cashew paste. Fry for 4-5 mins and then add the marinated vegetables.Cook the vegetables till they are done. Remove from fire..
- Wash the rice and transfer to a pressure cooker. Add the cooked vegetables,1 cup water,milk,paneer ghee and salt and mix well.Cover the lid and allow to cook for 13-15 mins or 2 whistles.Remove from stove..
- Allow to stand till the steam is let off. Remove the cover and let it stand for another 5 mins. Serve with raita..
- For Raita : Mix all the ingredients given for making raita in a bowl and it's prepared..
Biryani is a traditional Indian rice-based dish that is layered with rice, meat, and vegetables, and seasoned with spices. Here is a vegan version of a traditional dish that is sure to delight all. Traditional Arabic biryani gets a vegan makeover with homemade masala paste and fragrant basmati rice. This biryani is perfect for those who prefer to enjoy a vegan dish during Eid festivities. Vegetable Biryani prepared in a traditional Hyderabadi Dum Biryani style is a Vegetarian's dream come true for enjoying the flavorful slow Vegetable Biryani Recipe (with Step by Step Photos).