potato and ham soup. This is a delicious recipe for ham and potato soup that a friend gave to me. It is very easy and the great thing about it is that you can add additional ingredients, more ham, potatoes, etc and it still turns out great. This hearty Ham and Potato Soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes.
Ingredients of potato and ham soup
- Prepare 2 medium of red potatoe.
- It’s 2 medium of russet potatoe.
- Prepare 1 large of baking potatoe ( leftovers if you have one ).
- You need 6 slice of thick cut bacon.
- You need 2 medium of slices of country ham ( bone in ).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen onion mix.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of half & half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
New videos every Tuesday! (And sometimes Friday!) Help support us on Patreon. Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and sour cream for a easy and delicious hearty soup. Ham and Potato Soup is a cool weather staple around here and it's easy to make in the crock pot and perfect for any leftover baked ham! A simple and delicious soup loaded with potatoes, sweet carrots and tender ham cooks in the slow cooker all day so dinner is ready when you are.
potato and ham soup step by step
- heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in stock pot, cut bacon and ham into chunks cook in stock pot until brown add onion mix and cook until tender. add chicken stock and simmer cut up red potatoes in bite size pieces. cut up russet potatoes in medium size pieces. add to chicken broth and simmer until tender.
- add water and half and half and baking potato ( chopped into chunks ) in to soup mash down soup mixture with a potato masher about 3 or 4 times leaving plenty of chunks season with your favorite seasoning. simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes..
This healthy ham and potato soup is pure comfort food in a bowl. Easy, fast, and low-calorie, it's one of my favorite busy weeknight meals. The photos in this post have been updated. You're in the right place.