Egg Drop/Poached Egg Curry. Egg Drop Curry is a popular egg curry dish. Egg Drop Curry is best to. I welcome you all in my world of cooking
Ingredients of Egg Drop/Poached Egg Curry
- It’s of Whole Dry Spices:.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare of Powder Spices.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg powder (optional).
- Prepare of Other Ingredients.
- It’s 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small tomato finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of slit green chilli (optional).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic/paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced ginger/paste.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk (optional).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- It’s 3-5 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
Egg Drop Curry – Poached Egg Curry In A Hurry. by Syama. Egg drop curry or or Mutta Pottichozhicha Curry, as it is called in Kerala, is a quick egg dish that goes well with sides like flat breads likes rotis or Naans, pancakes like Appams or rice noodles like Idiappams. #egg #eggcurry #poachedegg #indianstyleeggcurry. Poaching eggs is a healthy way to prepare eggs, since you don't need butter or oil to cook with. Poached eggs can be eaten as they are, on salads or bread or made into eggs Benedict.
Egg Drop/Poached Egg Curry instructions
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add all the whole spices..
- Add chopped onion and green chilli. sauté till the onion gets translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic and cook till the raw smell fades away.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till it gets soft and mushy.
- Add the powder spices and salt as per your taste. Cook for a minute till oil leaves the sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves and give it a quick mix..
- Add 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of milk. cook with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid, break eggs one by one, and drop into the wok keeping distance between each egg..
- Cook with the lid on for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- After 2-3 minutes the eggs will be half cooked. If you like it that way, take it off the flame, garnish with 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves and serve..
- If you want it to be fully cooked, slowly flip the eggs over, making sure not to break them. Cook with the lid on for another 2-3 minutes..
- You’re egg drop curry/poached egg curry is ready..
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves and serve. Goes well with chappatis (Indian flat bread) or steamed rice or bread
The perfect poached egg will have a. Bored of eating the same egg curry again and again? Then you must try these delicious and quick egg curry recipes made with simple ingredients, a pinch of creativity, and a dollop of happiness! Poached eggs are a beautiful thing. The whites are just firm enough on the outside to contain an oozy, golden yolk in a round little egg package.