Ultimate Sanuki Udon Noodles.
Ingredients of Ultimate Sanuki Udon Noodles
- It’s 760 grams of All purpose flour.
- It’s 240 grams of Tapioca flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of Natural sea salt.
- Prepare 430 grams of Water.
- You need 1 of Dusting flour (cornstarch).
Ultimate Sanuki Udon Noodles instructions
- Measure everything out accurately aside from the dusting flour. Mix the salt and water together and completely dissolve the salt. The ingredients are simple, so let's focus on the salt. By the way, I use Ogasawara salt, Moon salt, Thai salt, and Kabagon salt etc..
- Use a food processor to mix the ingredients that need to be mixed. Since the salt water is mixed into the flour in four batches, measure out the all purpose flour and tapioca flour each time you add it in instead of all at once..
- Place 1/4 of the all purpose flour and tapioca flour into the food processor, and agitate just the flour at first. After that, add in 1/4 of the salt water, and agitate until it looks like shown in the picture..
- Squeeze the flour until it is as shown in the photo, and then transfer it to a large bowl. Repeat 4 times..
- Open up a heavy plastic bag, and then gather up the flour in the bowl. It's difficult to manage the dough with this amount of water. When some comes together, put it into the plastic bag..
- Step on the plastic bag with your feet to knead the dough. Cover with a newspaper or a towel, or wear socks (it will stick to bare feet). Flatten and fold the dough. Gather it into a ball, and let it rest in the plastic bag as-is for 2 hours or more. The water will soak into the dough while it rests, making it easier to handle..
- After resting, step on the dough again to flatten it, and then fold the edges to the center. Repeat this process until the dough is smooth to the touch..
- Cut the dough from step 7 into about 10 equal portions, and roll out each portion with a pasta machine roller (from the thickest point). Continue rolling the dough as needed until it is smooth..
- Once you're completely finished with step 8, cut the dough with a knife. Dust the cut udon noodles with powder using a tea strainer (this helps to reduce waste), and you are done with sticking problem prevention! Then boil it, and enjoy! Store it in the fridge..