Udon Noodles with Grated Daikon and Beef. Apparently daikon contains an enzyme that aids in the digestion of starchy foods. So I decided to post a dish using beef. Here is another cold noodle dish with the classic topping combination of salmon roe and grated daikon ("ikura oroshi" – the other dish I posted with the combo is with cold soba and you can find a link here).
Ingredients of Udon Noodles with Grated Daikon and Beef
- It’s 3 of servings' worth Udon noodles.
- It’s 200 grams of Thinly sliced beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ◆Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ◆Hon-mirin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◆Sake.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ◆Sugar.
- Prepare 50 ml of ◆Water.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Grated daikon radish.
- You need 1 of one serving about 100ml-120ml Mentsuyu and water.
Udon Noodles with Grated Daikon Radish Grated daikon radish adds a slightly spicy sweetness to the taste and tangles really well with slippery udon. The ginger gives it a fresh aftertaste. Rich, melting beef short rib meets bouncy udon noodles and curry broth in this masterful bowl of Japanese comfort food. Shuko Oda's Koya restaurant is famous for chewy, bouncy udon noodles, made in-house every day; this is a very traditional way of making udon, even down to the kneading of the dough with the feet!
Udon Noodles with Grated Daikon and Beef instructions
- Dilute the mentsuyu to the strength listed for "warm broth" and chill..
- In a pot, heat the ingredients marked ◆. Add the beef and break it up with chopsticks while cooking..
- Once the beef is cooked, turn off the heat and leave as is to soak up the flavors (20-30 minutes)..
- Boil the udon according to the directions on the package. Cool in cold water and drain..
- Fill the individual serving bowls with the udon, then top with the beef, grated daikon, and other toppings. Pour the chilled dipping sauce over the top and enjoy..
Stir in bell peppers and broccoli. See recipes for Easy Vegan Udon Noodle Soup, made with Shiitake powder too.. • Udon noodles for two people • Condiments of your choice, such as chopped scallions, grated ginger, grated daikon and nori • SEASONING "A" for the Shiitake • Mirin Robert Gonzal. Soba and udon noodles topped with plenty of daikon oroshi are called oroshi soba and oroshi udon respectively. As a condiment, daikon oroshi is used not only on grilled fish, but also in preparing Japanese-style burgers, Japanese-style steaks, and sashimi. You may wish to drain to remove excess water, but do not squeeze as you will lose the delicious juice.