Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice. (TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE) Shrimp nestled in a Greek-spiced tomato sauce, topped with chunks of feta, and then baked until Crumble the feta over the shrimp, and then sprinkle with the oregano. The feta is a tremendous addition. I serve it over brown rice and it is a meal on it's own.
Ingredients of Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice
- It’s 2 of servings of rice, white, brown, boiled, steamed, etc.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium Onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of large Garlic Clove, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 (14 1/2 ounce) of can of diced Tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of uncooked medium Shrimp, peeled.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Dry White Wine.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced fresh Parsley.
- It’s 3/8 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese, the best you can find.
Add the spinach, salt, and pepper and saute just until the spinach begins to wilt. Preparation Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Roasted Shrimp With Feta: a perfect make-ahead dish for dinner or a party. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice instructions
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat..
- Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender..
- Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer..
- Stir in tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil..
- Simmer uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 tbs cheese..
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with remaining cheese to taste..
Add the tomatoes with the liquid, tomato paste, oregano, Pernod, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Assembling and cooking Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Brown Rice. Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with parsley and mint. Mix the mince with the harissa, feta, grated onion and seasoning. Feta cheese and mint are a zesty complement to this brown rice recipe.