German cheese "Spätzle". German Cheese Spaetzle (or Spätzle) are tiny German dumplings, kind of like noodles and probably the German relative of the American Macaroni and Cheese. Cheese Spätzle ~ Käsespätzle ~ is a traditional German way of serving this favorite German noodle. Covered with caramelized onions this makes a wonderful meal, all by itself or served as a side that fits.
Ingredients of German cheese "Spätzle"
- Prepare of Spätzle.
- It’s 4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s of cheese "Spätzle".
- Prepare 1 of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 100 grams of bacon (it depends on how much you like).
- It’s 50 grams of cheese, grated.
- It’s 50 grams of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of cheese, grated.
Cheese spätzle in the collection of dishes of German cuisine. Description of the recipe with step by step cooking instructions. Even the Germans have a macaroni and cheese dish: Kasespatzle (or rather Käsespätzle). To make spätzle, it helps to have a Spätzlehobel, or spätzle maker.
German cheese "Spätzle" step by step
- In a large bowl mix together flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper..
- In a separated bowl beat the eggs and stir in milk. Mix well..
- Now mix the dry and the wet ingredients together..
- Bring water to boil in a big pot..
- Now take a teaspoon with your mixture and let it drop into the boiling water. The gravity may help you but if it's still to challenging add more milk to the mixture..
- Let all your batter drop into the hot water and fish the ready "Spätzle" with a spoon when they're swimming to the top..
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C..
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped onion..
- Cook them for a while and add bacon and "Spätzle"..
- Cook until golden brown and add 50 grams grated cheese..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Add sour cream and let a little bit evaporate..
- Now take everything from the oven and put in a casserole dish. Sprinkle as much grated cheese as you like on top and bake for 10 minutes..
This device is easy enough to use—you. A sort of Germanized version of 'Mac & Cheese', only better! My Cheese Spaetzle Recipe – German Cheese Noodles. Spätzle from the day before, homemade Spätzle or Spätzle ready bought. Cheese – Ideal is a strong mountain cheese or/and a.