Sig's German Baked Apples with Filling. Curl up with the warmth and spice of fall with deliciously warm, tender and juicy baked apples. Mix together rolled oats with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter, then spoon into cored apples and set onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake until tender Get the recipe for Baked Apples with Oatmeal Filling. See more ideas about German desserts, Recipes, German baking. · Apfelkuchen is an authentic German classic dessert made with fresh apples in a soft torte like cake which goes great with coffee at breakfast.
Ingredients of Sig's German Baked Apples with Filling
- You need 4 of large apples like cox orange or similar.
- You need 250 grams of marzipan paste for baking.
- Prepare 2 handful of pecan nuts, because I love them (tradition states walnuts).
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of handfull of rum soaked raisins, chopped up (optional).
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 250 ml of bought or home made thick custard.
Rinse the apples and remove the core with a corer. With a small spoon, place the filling in the hollowed apples and distribute any remaining stuffing over the top. Apple pie is a traditional American food; however, recipes for this favorite desert vary greatly depending upon the apples that are used, the shelf life of the filling and You should choose your apple pie filling recipe based on how quickly you will bake it, or experiment with several variations of apple pies. Baked Gingerbread Apples Baked apples stuffed with chocolate and crumbled German gingerbread (Lebkuchen), garnished with whipping cream and crystallized ginger.
Sig's German Baked Apples with Filling step by step
- Wash the apples.
- Wash your apples, then slice of a thin thin slicemof the stem end and the top end.
- Core the apple.
- Take out a bit more of then apple to make a little dent, preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Crush the pecan nuts and mix throughly with the marzipan, the cinnamon and if using the rum soaked raisins if you are using them..
- Fill the mass into the holes of the apples until it is perfectly closed, add half a pecan nut on top.
- Put the apples into a baking dish and drizzle with the honey.
- Cover with the apple tops and bake in oven on 175°C until the skin pops in places and the apples are cooked all the way through, this can be between 30 to 45 minutes depending on size of apple. When finished spoon some custard onto plate, place a baked apple in center and drizzle the honeybfrom he baking dish over the apple..
Crunchy Plum-Filled Potato Dumplings Potato-Rusk dumplings with juicy plum filling are a favorite Southern German dessert. Here are the answers to CodyCross Baked German flaky pastry with filling. I don't eat. because I'm a vegetarian. Set aside the remaining pear mixture. Baked apple slices recipe with fresh apple slices, baked with sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon.