Christmas Fruit cake. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Fruit Cake Cookies – Now on Sale Quick, Limited Time , Save Today! In a large bowl, combine the nuts, dates and cherries.
Ingredients of Christmas Fruit cake
- You need 220 Gram of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 220 Gram of Muscavado dark sugar.
- It’s 220 Gram of Butter.
- You need 800 Gram of Mixed fruits and raisins.
- Prepare 50 gram of almond powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of treacle.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 pack of Marzipan ready to roll.
- It’s 1 pack of ready to roll fondant.
- It’s 1 pack of decorating stars edible.
- Prepare 85 ml of Brandy.
- It’s 1 of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 of orange zest.
- You need of Few almonds as topping.
- It’s of Apricot jam.
After it's baked, it ages in cheesecloth with additional splashes of rum. And here's how the making part goes down. The key step that makes this so much faster to make than other fruit cakes is the fruit soaking step. Most recipes call for dried fruit to be soaked overnight.
Christmas Fruit cake instructions
- In a large bowl with mixed dried fruit, Add the brandy and give a good mix. Then cover with clingfilm and soak for 3 nights in the fridge..
- On the fourth day(after 3 nights of soaking mixed fruits in brandy), Grease and line a 20cm cake tin, preferably with a removable base..
- Preheat the oven to 150°C..
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar and black treacle until paler and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating each one at a time..
- Add the flour and mix with spatula. I don't use electric mixer for the flour..
- Now add the mixed fruits, almond powder. It might look a bit messy at this point but that's how it would be..
- Pour into the pan. Top it with almonds. This will help for good appearance Incase we don't have time to decorate later!.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper to overturn the top layer. Keep the pan in oven for 3 hours at 140 *C.
- Switch off oven. Allow cake to cool down..
- Keep in airtight container..
- On the day of decorating, knead the marzipan and roll it over. I did according to Waitrose video on YouTube..
- You need 2 TSP apricot jam a bit heated to apply on cake so that marzipan sticks to it..
- 12 hours after marzipan dried, I applied the fondant icing similar to how marzipan was kneaded, rolled and stuck on cake. Cut out the edges..
- Then stick the edible stars.
- Keep in airtight cake container until ready to display..
Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and cocoa. Add the flour mixture and the syrup (or boiled cider) to the mixture in the bowl, beating gently to combine. The holiday season presents a prickly moral dilemma for my mother. Her signature dessert is a meticulously faithful execution of Great-Aunt Margaret's Christmas fruitcake recipe, which must be soaked in peach brandy.