Vietnamese Inspired Tuna Salad. Then, in a large bowl, mix the diced cucumbers, picked carrots and sliced red chilli. Andrew Zimmern's raw seafood salad is a terrific mix of tuna, tomatoes, onion, celery and hearts of palm with a spicy lime dressing. I first tasted this dish on the island of Cat Hai, off the Vietnamese coast, a place well known to food geeks as the birthplace of nuoc mam, the world's best fish sauce.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Inspired Tuna Salad
- It’s 3 of medium sized Japanese Cucumber.
- It’s of Pickled carrots.
- Prepare of Peanuts.
- It’s 1 of canned Tuna.
- Prepare 3 tbs of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
I really really enjoyed this and can't wait to make it again for lunch tomorrow! This healthy, quick Vietnemese salad recipe has great crunch and lots of refreshing flavors. It's wonderful on its own or with proteins. Vietnamese Dressing. grilled fish, shrimp, tuna, chicken, or tofu for serving (optional).
Vietnamese Inspired Tuna Salad instructions
- Start with roasting the peanuts on a pan over low heat for 3 minutes..
- Then, in a large bowl, mix the diced cucumbers, picked carrots and sliced red chilli..
- Drain the water from the tuna and mix into the bowl..
- Add the pickled carrots and roasted peanuts, fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well and ready to serve..
This Vietnamese-style noodle salad with seared tuna makes a light and healthy supper. Meanwhile, for noodle salad, pour boiling water over the noodles and leave to soak for five minutes. This recipe for Healthy Tuna Salad is lightened up by using greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise; it has less calories and less fat, but is still so flavorful. Tuna salad-salad with cucumber, capers, black olives, tomatoes, and sunflower seeds. -@sophisticatedcaveman. Drain liquid from tuna & mix in a bowl with mayo or oil of your choosing, lemon juice and salt & pepper.