Lightly Pickled Cucumbers.
Ingredients of Lightly Pickled Cucumbers
- Prepare 3 of Cucumbers.
- You need 1 of Kombu soup stock.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt (or 2 teaspoons of shio-koji).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Ichimi chili pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 of Storing container (big enough to fit the cucumbers).
Lightly Pickled Cucumbers step by step
- Slice cucumber and put in container. A teaspoon of sugar also gives it a nice touch..
- Add seasonings. Cover with lid and shake. Turn over pieces from time to time. If using a bag, rub the cucumbers..
- Chill in the refrigerator. Wait for at least an hour. You could make this in the morning to have for dinner..
- I also tried this with turnips. They took longer to pickle than cucumbers. I'll create a different recipe for the turnips another time..