Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas). Milk makes this chicken sopas version rich and creamy. I am using evaporated milk for this recipe. Alternative ingredients for this type of milk includes Excellent recipe.
Ingredients of Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas)
- You need 2 of chicken breasts, cubed or strips.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of garlic head, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of cooked macaroni or elbow pasta.
- You need 1 of small carrot, jullienned or diced (none in photo).
- It’s 1/4 of cabbage, in strips.
- It’s 1/4 box of (+/- 60ml) all purpose cream.
- You need 1/2 of of chicken bullion cube.
- It’s 1/2-1 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need 1.5 L of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of Green onions to garnish (optional).
Boil water in a pot, add chicken until cooked and set aside. In med heat, add the butter, onion, garlic and carrots. Add elbow macaroni, raise the heat to high, stirring often until. Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup or popularly known as Sopas, came from the Hispanic word SOPA�S, meaning soup.
Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) step by step
- Prepare ahead: half cook elbow pasta according to package instructions. Set aside. Also half cook (seasoned with S&P) chicken in a separate pot in 1/2 cup water then cut into cubesor strips. Set aside..
- Saute onions then garlic in oil in a pot..
- Once fragrant, add in your chicken and 1/2 c water. Boil until cooked and remove then cut into cubes or strips. Meanwhile add 1L water into the same pot and drop in the chicken bullion or broth cube..
- Return the cut chicken into the pot and add your elbow pasta, carrots, cabbage and All Purpose Cream (Nestlé or other brand). Get a spoon and get a knob of butter, add into the pot (optional). Stir until simmmering..
- Taste and season with salt & pepper. Adjust if you need to add more both cube. When satisfied, taste elbow pasta if okay to your liking. I like mine al denté. Remember it will continue cooking when you turn off the heat. Serve and garnish with snipped green onions..
This is a soup dish that Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup is a delicious creamy soup that is usually served during breakfast snacks. There are many variations in the recipe. I make my sopas creamy also. One way of making it really creamy WITHOUT salt is using Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup. Hi Kerlynb, I was wondering if you know of a similar soup dish like this but made with rice instead.