Cream of Chicken Burritos. Ranch Style Cheesy Cream of Chicken SoupCooking On The Ranch. Thank you so much for always watching our. Note: These burritos are a great freezer meal.
Ingredients of Cream of Chicken Burritos
- It’s of shredded chicken.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- You need of long grain rice.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of red bell pepper; large julienne.
- You need of red onion; julienne.
- You need of garlic; minced.
- It’s of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare of white wine vinegar.
- You need of chihuahua cheese.
- You need of large flour tortillas.
- You need of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
Chicken Burrito Recipe for busy people! Burrito is a traditional Mexican dish where filling with rice, beans, beef or chicken and veggies is wrapped in a tortilla. Served with sour cream (Greek yogurt in a healthy. Place the cream cheese in a sauce pan over low heat, Stir until cream cheese is completely melted.
Cream of Chicken Burritos step by step
- Combine chicken stock and shredded chicken with a pinch of salt in a small saucepot. Add extra stock if necessary to cover the chicken. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until chicken is thoroughly heated through, approximately 10 minutes. Do not boil..
- Combine rice and water in small saucepot. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes. Set aside to steam 5 minutes. Do not remove the lid at any point..
- Combine soup and vinegar in a small saucepot. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a medium sized sauce pan. Add peppers and onions. Saute on high for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium. Cook approximately 5 minutes or until peppers are almost tender..
- Add garlic, crushed pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Saute 10-20 seconds until garlic is fragrant, not browned..
- Preheat the broiler on your oven..
- Strain shredded chicken and reserve stock..
- Add shredded chicken to pan with 1/2 C reserved chicken stock. Reduce until liquid has evaporated, about 1-2 minutes..
- Spray a medium sized casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour enough soup along the bottom just to cover..
- Lay out three burrito sized tortillas on a large work surface. Divy the rice amongst the three tortillas. Repeat with chicken mixture..
- Wrap each burrito and place snugly in the casserole dish. Spread soup all over the tortillas..
- Top with cheese. Place under broiler for approximately 1 minute..
- Variations; roasted bell peppers, spinach, brown rice, enchilada sauce, salsa verde, guacamole, shredded pork or beef, avocado, sofrito, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa, jalapeno, poblano, shallots, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, herbes de provence, Italian seasoning, hummus, black beans, pinto beans, parsley, cilantro, scallions, rice wine vinegar, basil, white wine, parmesan, mozzarella, swiss, goat cheese, cotija, queso fresco, bacon, chives, dried chile puree, fried egg,.
- Hollandaise, aioli, crispy diced potatoes, pepperjack, cheddar, smoked paprika, white pepper, babaghanoush, tabouleh, champagne or sherry vinegar, thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon, zucchini, sour cream, creme fraiche, heavy cream, bechamel, sage, oregano, lemon thyme, mushrooms, leeks, mint, lemon, eggplant, chives, white pepper, coriander, couscous, quinoa, carrots, peas, arugula.
Add the shredded chicken, garlic, green onion, and Divide the chicken mixture evenly between each shell. Hamburger Helper® chicken fried rice mix jump-starts a south-of-the-border burrito dinner. Place chicken and beans on tortilla and roll up. Dice peppers, onions, tomatoes and lettuce. These items and sour cream are to be sprinkled on the burrito by each individual.