Japanese Style Steak Rice Bowl. Big Savings on Japanese Style Rice Bowl. Combine soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar in a mixing bowl, set a side. Add oil and place the steak.
Ingredients of Japanese Style Steak Rice Bowl
- You need 1 of steak for 2 (mine was.6 pounds).
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of Oil.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of Soy sauce.
- It’s 3 Tbs. of White cooking wine or mirin.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of Butter.
Japanese-Style Sirloin Rice Bowl is a quick and easy recipe for a meal packed with flavor. Katsudon is a very famous Japanese dish, with a crispy breaded pork schnitzel served with a half raw egg on a serving of rice. A stress-free, easy going, Japanese rice bowl recipe with step-by-step photos! This dish is a well-flavored rice bowl topped with beef chipped steak instead of an expensive beef cut, along with vegetables and eggs leaving this beef Donburi with a smooth consistency and mouthwatering flavor.
Japanese Style Steak Rice Bowl step by step
- In a bowl, mix sauce ingredients, set aside..
- Salt and pepper steak.
- Cook steak to doneness level you like, how you like. I cooked mine 2 minutes a side, in a skillet..
- Let steak rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Heat skillet on medium heat (i used the one I cooked the steak in) add butter, let it melt..
- Chop garlic, add to hot butter, stir for 30 seconds..
- Give sauce a final stir, add to skillet..
- Let it boil for a minute, turn heat down to medium low, simmer until steak is rested, or it reaches the thickness you like.
- Slice steak thin, across the grain..
- Put about 1 cup of hot, cooked rice in a bowl. Put some of the sauce on the rice..
- Put sliced steak on top of rice. Drizzle more sauce on the steak..
- Garnish if desired, chopped green onions, sesame seeds..
Add steak strips and any accumulated juices, garlic sesame sauce, and mirin to pan. Plate dish as pictured on front of card, placing steak strips and vegetables on rice and garnishing with peanuts and red pepper flakes (to taste). Garnish with chopped scallion and toasted sesame seeds, if using. While waiting for the water to boil and rice to simmer, add all the ingredients for the white sauce in a medium bowl, whisk together and chill covered until ready to serve. Put rice mixed with Umeboshi paste (pickled plum) in the donburi bowl.