Sausage and Peppers. Sausage and peppers is a dish in Italian-American cuisine prepared using Italian sausage and peppers (such as bell peppers) as primary ingredients. It is served as a dish on its own, sometimes with the use of additional ingredients such as tomato sauce, onions and pasta. My family has been using this very simple and delicious recipe for sausage, peppers, and onions for years and years now.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers
- You need 1 packages of Sausage (Your Choice).
- Prepare 1 each of yellow and red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of red or yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
This sausage and peppers recipe is an Italian-American classic, with sweet bell peppers served with Italian sausage. Serve it on its own or on a bun! Sausage & Peppers from Delish.com are an easy bake in the oven. Check out these Sausage & Peppers Foil Packs.
Sausage and Peppers instructions
- Grill sausage to approximately 90% doneness. Slice and set aside..
- Saute onions and peppers..
- Add garlic. Saute 30 seconds..
- Add sausage. Add salt and pepper. Saute. Add marinara..
- Reduce sauce. 5 minutes. Serve.
- Variations; Dried spices, Toasted sesame dressing, apple cider vinegar, balsamic, mustard, beef stock, poblano, jalapeno, squash, potato, salsa. Try roasting bell peppers instead!.
Italian Sausage and Peppers. posted by Christy Denney Italian Sausage and Peppers are the dish that my husband orders every time when we go to a restaurant. · Crockpot Sausage and Peppers: This Italian sausage and peppers is one of my favorite, easy, crockpot The best sausage and peppers simmered in marinara sauce right in the slow cooker. Serve the sausage and peppers on Italian bread for a sausage and pepper sub or just on its own Use whatever color peppers you like. Yellow, orange, green, and red all work well. Cook turkey sausage and peppers in one skillet, top with cheese, and serve over pasta for an easy weeknight meal.