Crispy baked tofu with roasted vegetables and peanut butter sauce. Baked until crispy and sautéed in a savory-sweet peanut sauce. We pair the peanut tofu with jasmine rice, shredded peppers/carrots/cabbage/broccoli/green onions, topped with crushed peanuts and cilantro. Make some crispy tofu and dollop some peanut sauce!
Ingredients of Crispy baked tofu with roasted vegetables and peanut butter sauce
- You need 100-125 g of rice or noodles.
- It’s of Baked tofu.
- It’s 1 block of tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need of Roasted vegetables.
- It’s 1 of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- It’s of salt, pepper.
- Prepare of Peanut butter sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 2 tbsps of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 clove of or garlic, pressed or minced.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsps of water (or more as needed).
That's why, in this Baked Crispy Tofu & Peanut Sauce Stir Fry recipe, the tofu is roasted alone before the rest of the vegetables and sauce are added to. This crispy baked tofu is easy to make, perfect for meal prep, and will bring your meals to the next level. Learn how to make crispy baked tofu! It's easy and perfect for meal prep, plus it requires just a few simple ingredients!
Crispy baked tofu with roasted vegetables and peanut butter sauce step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F with one rack in the middle and one in the upper third of the oven..
- To prepare the tofu, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain the tofu and slice it lengthwise so that you have 3 even slabs. Then slice vertically to make 3 columns, then across to make 5 rows..
- Using paper towels drain the excess water from the cubed tofu. Transfer into a medium bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and soy sauce on top and toss to combine. Sprinkle over the cornstarch and toss again until the tofu is evenly coated. Arrange in an even later on the prepared baking sheet. Set aside..
- Cut the broccoli into florets and dice the bell pepper. In a big bowl, combine the cut vegetables with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange on a second baking sheet..
- Bake the veggies on the upper rack and the tofu on the middle one for about 25 to 30 minutes. Toss halfway through..
- Cook the rice or noodles according to package instructions..
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients except for water (peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, olive oil, and garlic). Whisk until blended, then start adding water until you reach a thick but drizzly consistency..
- Spoon the rice or noodles into individual plates or bowls. Top with roasted veggies and tofu. Drizzle the peanut sauce on top. You can sprinkle over some chopped peanuts or parsley..
We are self-proclaimed tofu lovers, and this recipe is up there as one of our. Baked until crispy and sautéed in a savory-sweet peanut sauce. Baked peanut tofu, crisped up and tossed with Asian peanut sauce. Topped with fresh herbs and tangy pickled shallots for a fresh and satisfying meal that Serve warm with cooked rice, vegetables of choice, additional peanut sauce drizzled over the top, and plenty of the herb and peanut topping. Spread your Tofu on a Silicone Baking Mat, leaving enough space This Crispy Tofu tastes so delicious that I can (have, and will) eat it plain, but it's also great dipped in to sauce I'm not vegan yet but I just try to incorporate more plant-based and real vegetables in my life.