Carrot and Coriander Soup. Save time and effort by placing all your ingredients in a soup maker and whizzing up a delicious soup in no time. An easy, good-for-you soup that will warm you up on a cold day. Serve with freshly baked bread for a filling supper or lunch.
Ingredients of Carrot and Coriander Soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- You need 2 of Onions, chopped.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Ground Coriander.
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes, chopped small.
- You need 450 grams of Carrots, peeled, chopped small.
- You need 1 litre of Veg or Chicken Stock.
- You need 2 packets of Fresh Coriander from supermarket.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Mint Jelly.
Coriander is the British word for cilantro, which gives this soup a smooth flavor. I think the previous reviewer has confused this with the 'Carrot and Coriander Soup' recipe. I made it yesterday and it was SO delicious! Delia's Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe.
Carrot and Coriander Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry until soft. Stir in chopped potato (the smaller the quicker cooking,),and ground Coriander, cook for 2 minutes..
- Add chopped carrots, (the smaller the better), and stock, cover and cook for about 15 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft..
- Add finely chopped Coriander, Mint Jelly and stir. Then use a stick blender, food processor or just a fine masher to reduce everything to a smooth texture..
- This made a large bowl full for me, plus two bags of “ pour and store” for my freezer.!.
This is a lovely soup to make with spring carrots that are not quite as sweet as those in the summer. Coriander is said to have the flavour of roasted orange peel, which makes the two perfect partners. This slimming friendly Carrot and Coriander Soup is comfort in a bowl and is perfect if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers. Our Carrot and Coriander Soup is super quick and easy to make and it's also really thrifty. We love it reheated for lunch or as a quick supper!