Poached Egg with Hollandaise Sauce and Sweet Potato Spinach Hash. Turn everyone in your family into a morning person, with a little help from celebrity chef Mark McEwan. No, Mark's not coming over to cook for you, but use. After the hollandaise sauce is made, start the egg poaching process! you should follow these instructions if you haven't poached an egg before.
Ingredients of Poached Egg with Hollandaise Sauce and Sweet Potato Spinach Hash
- Prepare of Poached Egg.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Vinegar.
- Prepare of Hollandaise Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of White wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Champagne Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of Shallots, finely chopped.
- It’s 9 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 3 of Egg yolks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Finely chopped basil.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper & Salt.
- It’s of Sweet Potato Spinach Hash.
- You need 1 large of Sweet potato, peeled and diced (1in cubes).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 of Handfuls of Spinach, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Crushed sea salt.
- It’s 3 of Mini bell peppers(yellow,red, orange) , finely sliced.
Now the hollandaise sauce; put three inches of water in a deep, narrow pot (like a sauce pot) To poach the eggs, I'm going to tell you a hack I learned to make them the perfect shape because Now place the Mack Cake, sautéed spinach and egg over it. Drizzle sauce generously over eggs Serve with a side of sweet potato hash with chopped cilantro and a side of sliced avocado with bacon bits. Traditionally, hollandaise sauce is served with eggs benedict, a classic American breakfast consisting of toasted English muffin halves topped with Canadian ham or bacon, runny poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce. Hollandaise is a sauce made from raw egg yolks, butter, lemon juice, cayenne.
Poached Egg with Hollandaise Sauce and Sweet Potato Spinach Hash step by step
- Start off with making the Hollandaise: melt butter on a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from stove and let stand for 5 minutes. Then clarify the butter.( one method is to skim the foam from the top, and slowly pour into a container, discard the milky solids in the bottom of the pan). Clarifying butted gives it a higher smoke point. Once done set the butter aside.
- Place shallots, wine, vinegar, bay leaf and two dashes of black pepper in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce by two thirds. Remove the saucepan from the heat once reduced and allow to cool..
- Now, place a saucepan of water over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer..
- Meanwhile the water comes up to a simmer. Add the three egg yolks into a heat resistant bowl with a tablespoon of water and a full tablespoon of the shallot reduction, whisk all together until foamy.(if taste of the shallots isn't too strong you can add more. Leftover shallot reduction can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days).
- Once the water starts to simmer and the egg yolks are foamy, set the bowl on the pan and continue whisking until the mix forms a thick ribbon, when you lift the whisk from the bowl, be careful not to scramble the sauce..
- Slowly and in a steady stream, pour in the clarify butter into the sauce, whisking constantly. Strain the sauce through a sieve into a dish. Stir in the basil and season to taste. Set aside and keep warm..
- (Don't toss out the water in the saucepan, you can use it for when you poach the eggs).
- Now move onto the hash: begin with heating up the coconut oil on a large skilled at medium high heat. Carefully, add in the diced sweet potato, and cook for about 10 min, or until sides are lightly browned..
- Meanwhile, get a small bowl and mix all the spices(paprika,cayenne, garlic, and Italian seasoning) together. Add the mix of spices and mini bell peppers to the sweet potatoes once they start browning in the skillet..
- Once all sides of the sweet potatoes are lightly browned add the chopped spinach and give it a few tosses until wilted. 2-3 min..
- Final step poach eggs: Reheat the water in the saucepan on high heat(the water that you had brought up to a simmer while making the sauce). Add the dash of vinegar and the sea salt to the water and once it starts boiling with a fork, spoon or knife, stir the water until you create a whirlpool then one by one toss in the eggs. Cap the saucepan, turn off the stove and let the pan stand for 5 min without lifting the cap. Then take the eggs out, set them on a paper towel for minute and then place them on top of the hash and top off with the hollandaise..
For the poached eggs, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the vinegar. Reduce the heat to a simmer and whisk the water to create a whirlpool. To serve, place the salmon hash in the centre of serving plates and top with the egg and hollandaise sauce. Just before serving break the egg yolks. In a blender, add the egg yolks and pulse for one minute.