Buttermilk Biscuit. These Easy Buttermilk Biscuits are incredibly soft, tall, flaky, and buttery. Serve these with some jam, gravy, or your topping of choice for an easy and delicious breakfast! These homemade buttermilk biscuits are soft and buttery with hundreds of flaky layers!
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuit
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes.
- You need 3/4 cup of cold milk.
- You need 3/4 tablespoon of lemon juice/vinegar.
Press an indent into the top of each biscuit with your thumb. Classic buttermilk biscuits are a staple in my household. Quick, easy, and light as a feather, they can be served for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner Classic buttermilk biscuits are a staple in my household. Warm and fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits are often the crown jewels of a great holiday feast.
Buttermilk Biscuit instructions
- Mix lemon juice with milk. Stir and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes in the refrigerator. This mixture is the buttermilk..
- Preheat the oven to 450°F..
- Put the dry ingredients in the food processor. Pulse several times to mix. Add the butter cubes..
- Pulse until the pieces are no bigger than peas..
- Add buttermilk and pulse until dough comes together..
- Lightly dust with flour the working surface and knead gently about 3-4 times to bring it together..
- Roll the dough into a 9×5-inch rectangle and about 1/2-inch thick..
- Fold the dough into thirds like a business letter..
- Repeat this step, roll the dough into a 9×5-inch rectangle about 1/2-inch thick, and again fold it into thirds like a letter..
- Finally roll the dough out to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a round cutter, cut biscuits from the dough (don't twist the cutter, use a straight up and straight down motion)..
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch of space between them. Brush the biscuits with melted butter..
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes. Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes and serve warm..
But you don't need an advanced degree in southern cooking to be able to make great buttermilk biscuits. These Buttermilk Biscuits are flaky and buttery, melt in your mouth delicious! Biscuits are one of my favorite things to bake often. We love biscuits and in particular, this buttermilk biscuit recipe. Biscuits are comfort food to me and I love the possibilities that they deliver.