Vickys Poached Cod with Mustard Sauce, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
Ingredients of Vickys Poached Cod with Mustard Sauce, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- It’s 800 grams of potatoes, peeled (fluffy such as Maris Piper).
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower spread/butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 400 ml of rice milk.
- It’s 100 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of whole peppercorns.
- You need 4 of cod fillets.
- It’s 2 tsp of gluten-free wholegrain mustard.
Vickys Poached Cod with Mustard Sauce, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Quarter the potatoes and bring to boil in a large pan of water. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft, then drain, mash with the butter and season with salt.
- Meanwhile fry off the onion in the oil until softened. Add the milks, bay leaf & peppercorns and let simmer for a minute.
- Add in the cod fillets, cover and poach gently for 10 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Remove the fish and keep warm. Add the mustard to the milk mixture, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide the mash between the plates and lay the cod fillets on top.
- Remove the bay leaf then spoon the mustard sauce over the fish.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.