This creamy mushroom soup is short on prep and full of flavour. Serve as a main meal with crusty bread or as a starter.
The ingredient of Mushroom soup
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
The instruction how to make Mushroom soup
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until mushroom is tender. Add mustard and stir to combine. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 mins or until heated through and soup thickens slightly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Stir in half the cream. Season.
- Ladle soup evenly among serving bowls. Drizzle with remaining cream.
Nutritions of Mushroom soupcalories: 156.784 calories
fatContent: 12 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 3 grams sugar
proteinContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1058 milligrams sodium