Warm up in winter months with this delicious Sweet potato and garlic soup.
The ingredient of Sweet potato and garlic soup
- 2 garlic bulbs, unpeeled, cloves separated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, finely chopped
- 1kg orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 600g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3/4 cup pure cream
- Pure cream, to serve
- Bread, toasted, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet potato and garlic soup
- Place garlic on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with half the oil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Squeeze garlic from skins. Discard skins.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add sweet potato, potato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Add garlic. Process until smooth.
- Return soup to pan over medium heat. Stir in cream. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through, adding water if necessary. Season with pepper. Serve with cream and toast.
Nutritions of Sweet potato and garlic soupcalories: 363.28 calories
fatContent: 22.7 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 7.6 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 60 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 699 milligrams sodium